Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The first post is always the most intimidating... o_O

Sitting here in front of an empty text box, I'm thinking that whatever I type for my first post should be something breathtaking, something that will justify the creation of this blog in the first place.  No pressure or anything...  Yeah.

One of my greatest fears is that, after I've spoken, I will look back to discover that I had nothing worth saying at all.   When you're a normal person, this is bad enough, but generally it doesn't stop you from spouting off in all directions and on all topics-- as evidenced by about 94% of Twitter feeds and FB status updates.  When you're a writer, however, this results in a paralyzing lack of confidence and years of blank pages.

So I guess that this blog is a start, an attempt to get past the going-on 15 years of writer's block that have frustrated me and driven me, in a sense, to the craziness that my friends, family, and classmates know and, if not exactly love, then at least put up with.  It's a place where I can vent, explain, and theorize, where I can try to sort through the mind tangles that seem to define me and lay them out in the sunlight for a change... not that there's all that much sunlight at, say, 1:30 in the morning, but hey, it's an interesting metaphor at the least... ^_^

And maybe I will look back and discover that, just as I've always feared, I really did have nothing worth saying.  But at least I will know for sure then, and it will no longer be one of my greatest fears :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment